NBA jerseys have come a long way in the past decade. As the league has grown and evolved, so have the styles of jerseys.
In addition to being able to customize your own, there are also jerseys available for fans who want something unique and not just another replica jersey with their favorite player’s name on it.
You can get custom NBA jerseys made or order them online—either way offers a great opportunity to express yourself through your love of basketball while looking good doing it!
Table of Contents
Choose A Brand
There are many choices when it comes to selecting a brand. When you choose a brand, remember that you’ll be wearing the jersey for years and will want to be proud of it.
Make sure that you choose one with a good reputation so that if there is any issue with the jersey in the future, you can have it repaired or replaced.
Also make sure that if anything goes wrong with your jersey (or anything else), there is an easy way for you to return it or get help from their customer service department.
One thing I recommend doing before choosing a specific vendor is looking around at other sites that sell NBA jerseys so that you can get an idea about what sort of selection each store has available for customization purposes.
Some stores may only offer limited styles of custom jerseys; others may have hundreds! Similarly, some stores might not offer much variety in color combinations while others might have dozens of different colors available!
You should also consider which brands carry sizes large enough for tall people like me who need XXL sizes but aren’t always able to find them at department stores like Macy’s or Nordstrom Rack (though those two retailers do seem pretty good at stocking items made especially for tall people).
Style Of Jersey
The style of the jersey is based on team, player and year. The NBA has a set number of jerseys that must be used by each team during a season. This means that you cannot customize a jersey with the name and number of your favorite athlete if he/she does not play for your favorite team.
There are also limits to how many players can have their names on their jerseys as well as how many letters can appear in those names (see below).
Name And Number
Now you’re ready to personalize your jersey! There are a few rules when choosing a name and number combination:
- Choose a name that is not already in use on the team roster. You can find this information by going to the NBA website and searching for the city where your favorite team plays its home games, or by searching for your favorite player on Wikipedia. If you don’t know any players’ names, just get creative with it!
- Do not choose a number that is already in use on any other member of your team (if applicable), though exceptions may be made if they’ve been retired by their franchise during their playing days (ex: Michael Jordan). Also, keep in mind that many numbers are reserved for specific positions so make sure yours isn’t one of those!
- Do not choose an offensive or obscene word as either part of your chosen name or number combination.
Use Online Sites That Allow You To Customize Jerseys
There are many online sites that allow you to customize jerseys. The key is finding the one that gives you the best quality for your money, so you can get a jersey that will stand up to years of wear and tear.
Do Research On Customizers
Once you’ve decided to customize your jersey, it’s time to start shopping around. Ask other fans who they use and ask for referrals. Do research on customizers by reading reviews and checking out the company’s reputation. A good place to start is with review sites like Yelp or Google Reviews, where you can read about companies’ customer service, return policy and quality guarantee policies.
Also look for any specialty certifications that companies have—this will help ensure that the work they do is up to snuff!
For example, if a company has been certified by The NBA Store as a Preferred Partner, this means they have met certain standards set forth by The NBA Store in terms of manufacturing quality control measures.
Alternate Jersey Color Options
You may have noticed that NBA players wear jerseys in a variety of colors—red, white, blue and yellow are just a few. While it’s best to stay true to your favorite team’s colors, you can also purchase an alternate jersey in any color you want. Some teams even offer throwback jerseys that pay homage to their history with different colored jerseys from years past.
Logos And Lettering Style Choices
There are three main style choices when it comes to lettering and logos on an NBA jersey.
- First, you can choose to have no name or number at all; this is often the case with throwback jerseys, which were popular in previous decades.
- Second, you can choose a nameplate that says “NOBODY” on it in big letters (sometimes with smaller ones underneath) and even have it personalized if you like.
- Third, you can use regular team lettering for your jersey—these might come with logos as well if they’re customized enough.
- If none of these styles appeal to you, there are plenty of other options out there; just make sure that whatever font and color scheme that goes into making up those letters is something that will look good when printed onto fabric!
There Are Many Ways To Customize An NBA Jersey
If you’re looking to customize an NBA jersey, there are many ways to do it. You can choose a brand and style of jersey, name and number, and then get creative with the design. There are many sites that allow you to customize jerseys yourself or have the site do it for you.
Frequently Asked Question (How to Customize an NBA Jersey)
What kind of jerseys are available for customization?
You can customize NBA jerseys in home and away colors. If you have an authentic jersey, you can also customize it with a player name and number. However, if your jersey is a replica style, it will only feature team graphics on the front and back of the shirt.
Fans of all ages can get their hands on customized NBA jerseys from Fanatics! The company offers adult, youth and toddler sizes for men’s and women’s basketball apparel.
How long does it take to get a customized jersey?
Customized jerseys can take anywhere from 1-2 weeks, depending on the number of orders placed. If you need it sooner, there is a rush order option available.
How long will the customized jersey last after washing?
- Wash your customized jersey inside out and in cold water.
- Air dry the jersey, rather than putting it in the dryer.
- Iron on the inside of the shirt (not on any patches or numbers).
- Do not bleach or dry clean your jersey.
- Avoid washing your customized jersey with any other articles of clothing you might want to keep spotless for resale value, since doing so could cause spots on both garments.
The NBA is one of the most popular sports leagues in America, and the jerseys are a big part of that. The game day experience is not complete without seeing your favorite player on the court sporting their team’s colors. Customizing your own jersey can be an enjoyable process, especially when you have all the tools at hand to make it happen!